Saturday 21 April 2012

You're Footprints in the desert sand - by Rushin Jansen

Not good enough, not strong enough
not made of Gold or Steel.
I'd blow away in the whingeing wind
if not kept down by your weight,
and fade away in the light if not hidden in your shadow.

You've left a path too far to walk
and much different from my own
Yet i find myself (bound) to follow
Your monolithic trail in the desert sand,
And for miles and miles
i see your footprints always in the distance...
mine insignificant when compared to thee
and yours belittling my existence...

To them im just a cheap-copy of you,
a footnote to shrink the gap you left behind.
Yet i cannot fill the endless void,
and the pieces just wont fit.
You always were the favouite son:
the one made of Gold and Steel,
the one who left his mark 'er he went,
the one with no Achilles Heel.

I always came up last out of 2
nor was i even noticed,
and even now you hold me down with shackles made of lead.
You're still the favourite, you still come first; even though you're
Dead!

5 comments:

  1. Why are you angry with God? He is real. Jesus Christ is real. The Holy Spirit is real.

    He is reaching out to you and you're playing word games.

    He loves you as much as He loves me.
    Blessings,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol this poem was not about god, i actually do believe in him...but thanx for the time taken to post a comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. At some point, as I struggled to emulate him, I began to detest him. Because every one of my struggles reminded me of his effortless nature.

    I was writing something similar but never finished. Thx 4 the inspiration (^-^)
    Benji <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've finally finished it… let me know what you think.

    At some point, as struggled to emulate him, I began to detest him. Because for every one of my struggles it reminded me of his effortless nature.
    Perhaps the recognition that I'm no comparison to him that is frightening to me. I've been blessed with a gift, but I'm well aware…that my skills are, at best, an imitation of his. I don't even begin to compare to the original. I'm merely a cheap recreation of one of, that I personally think, the best talents to ever live.
    I've heard the whispers, I've heard them talk… I know my abilities are but an imitation of his… I try & I try. But I can't seem to find my own style. It's not like… it's not like I tried to copy him, but whenever I tried to write in my own style… it ends up sounding like his… Pretty soon I realized I did everything like him. I'm nothing… a clone. Not just in writing… everything. And even though my abilities are like his, he is still far superior… I realize that I will always be known as second best.
    Even though… I have grown to live with it, it still reminds me of… of the reality that everything I want to achieve in my life will already been accomplished by him.
    To be honest… I used to hate & blame him. But now I see it's me. I respect him very much… He's a true jack of all trades… and he masters them all.
    And for that very purpose… I will surpass everyone's expectations of me. Without stepping on anyone's toes in the process. I must demonstrate my abilities without exceeding my own limits… I have a daunting task, I must paint the perfect picture on a canvas that's been placed inside a magnificent frame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is not the enemy..
    Hes not what negative people make him out to be..
    His love is true and strength is strong..
    You the negative are wrong..

    Dont blame God for all your pain..
    His love and trust is something to gain..
    With his widom,strength and might..
    Ur demons are something he shall smite..

    Give ur heart to him and praise him long..
    For the relationship you'll make shall be strong..

    ReplyDelete